samanthabk

Darynda Jones
The Libertine
Saskia Walker

Passion

Passion - Lisa Valdez What can I say but HOT! STEAMY! SEXY! OMG! I got pulled into the story from the very beginning. Though it started off like an erotic novel, the author slowly weaves the romance into the story. I was anxious, quickly trying to figure out when the main characters were going to find out that they knew each other more then they realized. I liked the heroine(but not her ridiculous name) and felt for her once she discovered she was in love with (the hero) and could not have him. I felt torn for her. However it took longer for me to like the Hero. I sometimes found him to be crude but once he finally discovered his own feelings and let go, I was moved. The ending was quite emotional and it definitely had the “sighing” moments as I like to call it. I was so thrilled for the couple. Now as much as I could rave about this book there was some bad points (not enough for me to dislike the book). Though I’m not particularly fond of having the sex scenes right off the bat, I happened to not mind this so much in the book. In fact, I found it interesting enough that though there was a lot of sex in this book, I still felt the two characters were connecting somehow. But there was a sex scene where the author mentioned cervix too much! If I wasn’t reading this on my kindle, I would have taken a permanent black marker and definitely marked it out. Oh, also the word “womb" which sexually was creeping me out. Then there was the constant cursing. I have a potty mouth so of course I can understand the cursing but even I was like please stop it.Overall I really enjoyed this book and look forward to Patience and Matthew’s story. The little teaser that I’ve read drew me in quickly and now I can’t wait to see what happens next.