samanthabk

Darynda Jones
The Libertine
Saskia Walker

I'Ll Be Slaying You

I'll Be Slaying You - Cynthia Eden I’ll Be Slaying You is the second book in the Night Watch series by Cynthia Eden. I’ll Be Slaying You is an entertainingly gritty, edgy story filled with lots of action, humor and smoking hot characters.Sandra “Dee” Daniels is a petite powerhouse. She’s out to eliminate any vampire on set. A member of the Night Watch, she’s seen her share of the darkness, but it’s not the darkness that’s scaring her. It’s the powerful and sexy man who seems to be lurking around wherever she’s at.Simon Chase is haunted. Chasing away some serious demons from his past, he’s sent to Baton Rouge to track down Dee. He just didn’t anticipate the strong attraction and need to protect her. The town is getting hot as soon as the rumor mill starts to spin about a powerful vampire they call “Born of Master” starts sniffing around their turf. Dee is suspicious of newcomer Simon but she can’t ignore the desire but she has a job to do and that is to track down the vampire. Sparks begins to fly as the two tracks down one of the most powerful vampires ever.Dee has a lot of baggage that comes along with her. She’s not just a human who enjoys hunting down “Others” in the world. She has experience first hand what the monsters can do to a person. Every hunt, especially vampires since they killed her family, is personal. She’s a mean, kick-ass female and I loved her strength and need to get the bad guys. However, I needed to feel a little bit more vulnerability from her. There was also the factor that she kept Simon at arms length after he proved his feelings for her time and time again. The guy was some stranger in the beginning and yes his need to be in her life was suspect but once he thrown himself to save her repeatedly, she should have relied on his actions a bit more to guide her. What can I say about Simon except HOT! He was sweet and totally obsessive but in that good kind of way. I was never creep out by him. His emotions were on open display the entire book. The chemistry was definitely hot. The love scenes were sizzling. I’m a fan of Cynthia Eden and this book felt like it had a lot more suspense and mystery to it. I kept trying to figure out how Dee connected to the whole picture. There were a lot more twists and turns than I had ever expected. Simon was withholding a lot of secrets and it all tied in very nicely. I was excited to see the other characters from the 1st book in the series. Let me just say now that I can’t wait for the 3rd book which I hope is Zane’s story.