samanthabk

Darynda Jones
The Libertine
Saskia Walker

Deadly Fear

Deadly Fear - Cynthia Eden Cynthia Eden brings to life a gripping thriller that will keep readers' minds racing until the very last page.Holding on to fear and relinquishing control can be deadly. Who knows that better than Special Agent Monica Davenport? The star of the Serial Services Division (SSD) at the FBI gets inside the killer’s mind and brings them down. Her reputation for being cold as ice and sharp has led to her being the best profiler. Yet, there is one person who sees the warm individual that Monica is and that’s agent Luke Dante. He is the only man who has ever felt the fire and passion that Monica has locked inside.Luke Dante fought his way onto the SSD team. He has built a career tracking down sadistic serial killers and making a difference in the world. He prays that he can remain on the team once he discovers that Monica is one of the senior agents. But he can’t forget the way Monica made him feel when they had an affair six years ago. She’s the woman he has held above all others and now that he is back in her life, he refuses to let her run again.Their senior agent assigns them to investigate a small town that a serial killer is believed to be roaming around in because they make a perfect match. Luke has the easy ability to get the victims and witnesses to open up to him while Monica works the killer’s mind. Both have deep dark secrets that can destroy them if they are pushed too far. While tracking a killing that is preying all the fear of the individuals he kills, Luke and Monica must face the demons in order to save lives.This book gripped me from the very beginning and kept me on a ride until the end. The plot is so well constructed and the fear and suspense is raised at an escalating high that I had a hard time putting down the book. I love for my suspense novels to be well thought out and logical and Cynthia Eden nailed it. Readers will get a sense of fear and excitement all the way to the last page. Monica’s cold characterization made it hard for me to warm up to her and harder for me to see the connection with Luke. She has endured a lot in her life and at times she is a one-dimensional character. When her history is revealed, readers are able to connect with her more. Her traumatic past makes for an interesting element in the story. Slowly the chemistry between Luke and Monica became evident and I was happy to see them get their HEA. When the ice finally breaks for Monica, the passion is intense and hot. The steam definitely picked up during the love scenes but I wanted Monica and Luke to have more in depth conversations about their emotions. It was more of a sexual connection with a promise to become more emotional.If you want a fast pace thriller that oozes sexual tension and chemistry, pick up Deadly Fear. If the sneak peek in the back of the book is any indication of what is to come, I can’t wait for the next installment in this series.