samanthabk

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet
Darynda Jones
The Libertine
Saskia Walker

Seducing Cinderella (Fighting for Love, #1)

Seducing Cinderella (Fighting for Love, #1) - Gina L. Maxwell Mixed Martial Arts champion Reid Andrews is furious that he has to spend his time going to physical therapy for an injury but his career is on the line and there is no other choice. With two months away from the fight to win back his title, Reid is determined to go in and give it all he got. When he shows up at his therapist’s office, he is surprise to see his best friend’s sister crying over a man.Lucie Miller knows she is viewed as a ‘plain jane’ and there is nothing she can do about. She secretly hopes that the doctor she works with will finally see her. When Reid walks in her door as a patient, he offers her a chance to finally get the man of her dreams and help him get his title back.This started off so good. A hot and sexy MMA fighter and a bookworm plain jane who can’t keep their hands off of each other has all of the potential. Reid is an Alpha male all the way through but I don’t think the author plays on that fact. When you think of a fighter, you think of a tough, ass kicking guy. While Reid is all of those things, she shows a softer side to him. He is very artistic and has a lot of insecurities from his douche bag of a father. Instead of showing all of the wonderful qualities that make him hard and soft at the same time, the author shows glimpses. I find it hard to believe that a bad ass would know about make-up, hair, and clothing for woman. There should have been an explanation to that part of his persona. I just wanted to really get to the core of Reid’s personality.Lucie is a good heroine. She is smart and has a bit of smart mouth. She has always liked Reid but she is very insecure, so she doesn’t believe anything he says which became annoying at times. As he offers his help with seduction, he peels back the layers to her complexity. He shows her that his attraction to her is authentic but it always has been. She didn’t need a wardrobe or personality change to attract a good looking man. By the end of the book, Lucie showed more maturity and growth.I debated whether to call this a straight up contemporary or an erotic. The sex scenes are hot and I loved every one of them. However, there’s a cheesy feeling to the story that soften the steaminess of the book. It is that same hokey feeling that I gravitated towards in the same. By the end, I had hoped that Lucie’s prince would come to claim his Cinderella.Overall this is a nice and steamy read. I look forward to what’s next from this author. I hope she gives Lucie’s brother a story or maybe Vanessa.