samanthabk

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet
Darynda Jones
The Libertine
Saskia Walker
Devil's Pact - Samantha Cruise I’ve read a lot of different books. Some with even questionable topics such as rape, slavery, etc. While I had read each book, I found something in the story that I could relate too, something that made me accept the book. That didn’t happen in this book. First, the book is permanent ménage and anyone who knows my style, knows that I don’t like that. So why did I buy the book? Honestly, at the time, I bought the book b/c I was still willing to give anything a chance and plus every one was talking about the cannon. Who wouldn’t want to read a hot book about a large penis? LOL! But as time progressed, I did realize that I didn’t like PMs as much as I had hoped. Needless to say, the book was already mine and I had to read it. The truly sad part about the book is that when you break it down in parts, you can find some of everything that you like. But together as a whole it was a hot mess! I don’t recommend this book to anyone. In fact, I have put this author on alert. I will proceed with caution when trying to buy anything from her. In all honestly, I’m still thinking that she was up late one night, talking to her girlfriend(s) and they were laughing and joking and decided to play a joke and write a really horrible book. The author herself could not tell me that this was not a spoof. How could I take this seriously? I didn’t connect with any of the characters. In fact, I had found myself wishing them dead at certain parts of the book. First, there was whorish Megan. Out of all the characters, I disliked her the most. Who in their right mind meets a stranger down by the river and have sex with him and then learns that he is her husband’s son. I would be mortified. She claimed she was. She kept spouting (internally) about sin and carnal desires and all this yadda but I knew she was a whore. After her husband dies, Devin decides to stay on. They eventually go on with their affair. Meanwhile, she keeps thinking about this one man that she loves and how she had wanted to marry him but she can’t stop having sex with this Devin. OK!!!Poor Caleb! I didn’t care for him because he reminded me of a stick figure just in the background. Why are you waiting for this woman? She kept turning him away, claiming it wasn’t right but she was having sex with the monster son!!! Really??? Really??? Like I’m suppose to think any good about her. Even when Caleb learns that Devin is at the ranch, he still want this woman. Even after finding them in bed together. Are you serious? Because she just told you earlier on, it’s not right to do those things! Ok, so I still push on through this. Devin knows that poor Caleb is in love with her so he offers to share her. Now I don’t know what man is that in love with a woman for this long and never got anywhere with her, accepts that she gives it up to the next man and will take her anyway he can get her? Seriously, was he that hard up? I thought there was this prostitution place in town. Go get some and chill. There was no real plot to this story. There was so much thrown in the mix. After they go on with the ménage, there was no stopping with the sex. I found myself skimming past it and didn’t realize that I was basically done with the book. But she throws in a few bad guys (whom I was hoping kill her and Caleb) and her brother returns. The brother was weird because he was tossed in the mix and then he got creepy when he listens to the sex and stuff. Yuck! Though they have their HEA, I felt like they let stick figure Caleb in just to be polite because he was pining for the whore the whole book. Overall, this story just didn't work for me. I won't even comment about the sex b/c that was painful to read and more painful to think about :(