samanthabk

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet
Darynda Jones
The Libertine
Saskia Walker
Marrying Daisy Bellamy - Susan Wiggs Susan Wiggs delivers an emotionally packed tale full of wonder, disbelief and excitement. Fans of the Lakeshore Chronicles series will finally get the answers they have been waiting for in the latest installment.First, I have to admit that this is the hardest review to write. Not only am I emotionally charged from reading this book but it is such a three way love story that I don’t want to give anything away. From the beginning I didn’t know I would be this invested in Daisy’s future. She started off in the series as a teenager visiting her family’s camp for the summer. It was there she met Julian Gastineaux, another teen from the “wrong side” of the tracks. A quick and swift friendship laced with romantic and sexual tensions develops between them. Shortly after this, teenage Daisy discovers she is pregnant by her childhood friend, Logan O’Donnell. One drunken and reckless night, changes her world forever. I’m not a fan of children/teenagers in my romance. But somehow Daisy’s story became such intricate part of the series that I couldn’t help but wonder what would happen to her. For every book, a piece of her story was slowly revealed. After having a baby at such a young age, Daisy is forced to grow up. However, she still has to figure out which man she needs to be with.The most difficult part of this book is that there are so many spoilers. I just can’t bring myself to mention anything that might give it away. I will admit that fans of either team (Logan/Julian) will not be upset. I think there are enough emotions for fans of any team. The thing that I love the most about this book, and probably what would turn me off in other books, is that Daisy is such a mess of a character. She is emotionally all over the place. She makes horrible decisions, she is uncertain and afraid. She is characteristically flawed and that is what makes her the perfect heroine. By the end of the book she grows and learns to finally let go and let herself feel what she wants and stop being afraid. This is such an emotionally written book. At times I cried for the characters. Other times, I had to set the book down, scared to read any further. Nervous that the team I’ve always rooted for was not going to make it. The men in this book both hold fabulous qualities. Julian is off in the air force and Logan is in town, trying to do the right thing. It is surprising that they both stuck around this long, waiting to see what her decision would be. I’m finally relieved that this love triangle is put to rest. Fans will be delighted to see what happens to Daisy and I believe everyone will be satisfied with the decision that is made. I wonder whose story next in the series. Maybe Sonnet? Maybe Zach? Either way, I’ll be waiting and hoping that it is just as great of a book as this one.