samanthabk

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet
Darynda Jones
The Libertine
Saskia Walker
Vampire Sheikh - Nina Bruhns Josslyn Haliday arrives in Egypt to locate her two missing sisters. She has very little to go by but she is determined to find them and bring them back home. She stumbles upon a hidden world that may hold the key to locating her sister and answering questions about her past.Seth Aziz is a Demigod seeking revenge. He needs a mortal willing to give him his blood sacrifice. Both of his friends have betrayed him by going to the enemy’s camp because of their love for their mates (Gemma and Gillian Haliday). When Josslyn arrives at his door, he seeks this opportunity to make them pay by using Josslyn.I love a good vampire story but this one falls short of my expectations. The characters are unlikeable. Seth is one of the worst heroes in a book I’ve read. He is distant and cold. All he does is bark orders. When he is around Josslyn he is the same way. I never warmed up to his character at all. Even after the blood sacrifice and intimacy that they share he remains cold. In the beginning it is understandable since he is trying to hurt them all but after a while, the cold barrier that he throws up is annoying.Josslyn started off great. She is strong, smart and beautiful. She wants her sisters to come back home with her and she will do anything. The problem is that once she locates one of them, her character does a complete turn. She becomes weak in my opinion and does whatever her sister and Seth tells her without demanding an explanation. Her reunion with her sister is a bit unrealistic. Her sister forces her to the blood sacrifice and don’t give any explanation. It is a long time before anything is revealed.What really bothers me is that there are several holes in the plot and the book is hard to get into. After a while I forced myself to finish this book because it is a habit of mine. There are too many characters with their own story thrown in the mix and not enough details to sustain a reader’s appetite.Overall, I only recommend this book if you have read the 1st two books in the series. The weak characters, lack of details and boring plot makes Vampire Sheikh a hard book to get into.