samanthabk

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet
Darynda Jones
The Libertine
Saskia Walker
How to Marry a Highlander - Katharine Ashe Teresa Finch-Freeworth is neither wealthy nor pompous. She is desperate to find a suitable husband before her parents marry her off to someone she does not love. She is a bit brazen at times and fearless but she is a good person. When Teresa learns that Duncan needs help marrying off his sisters, she jumps to the chance to help him. The only thing she asks for in returns is some hot kisses. Duncan, the Earl of Eads, is a poor Scot residing in England. Duncan’s main concern is the seven sisters that he has to take care of. He has little time to worry about himself or his scandalous reputation. Duncan is impressed by Teresa’s proposition. He has no intentions of honoring it so he ups the challenge by making Teresa promise to do this in a short period of time.Even though I did not read the other books in this series, I did not feel lost in the series. Duncan is a strong male character. Most of his “scandalous” reputation is based on speculations and half truths. He is a gentle being that truly cares for his sisters. Teresa is a refreshing character. She is slightly different from any of the other heroines that I’ve read in a historical. She is bold and confident. She knows that she wants Duncan and she is willing to put herself out there to get him. She finds herself in some funny situations that bring some life and humor into this short story. There is no major conflict in this story. Instead the story is loosely based on humor and the slow realization that Teresa and Duncan are falling in love. While I like my story with a dose of conflict or angst, I did not think that something was lacking.Though a short read, I am satisfied with how everything resolved itself at the end. I’m eager to read the other books in the series.