samanthabk

Darynda Jones
The Libertine
Saskia Walker

Promise Me Tonight

Promise Me Tonight - Sara Lindsey Promise Me Tonight is the first in a series of Shakespearean name siblings who each find love. In this romantic tale, readers meet Isabella Weston, the oldest daughter of the Weston clan who is madly in love with her older brother’s best friend, the guy next door. Though this is a theme that has been used repeatedly, Sara was able to hold my interest until the very last page. I believe readers will find this funny, heart-wrenching and promising debut a delightful read.Isabella is a persistent, beautiful and witty young woman. She has desired James for so long and now that she is all grown up she will do whatever it takes to get her man. For the first half of the book, I disliked “Izzy” because she was constantly crying and begging. Some of her tactics were deceitful and selfish. However as the story progressed, I found myself rooting for her. She slowly started to mature and come into her own. I realized her tenacious behavior was inherited. Who wouldn’t be a romantic with parents who openly loved one another and set an example of a passionate marriage? By the end of the story, my opinions of Izzy evolved.James is a very honorable and stubborn man. After suffering from some painful incidents as a child, James closes his heart and vows never to love or marry. For most of the book, James’s theories on love were tiresome. I understood and even sympathized with him at times, but I found myself becoming bored with his excuses. It was only towards the end that the author revealed more of his past and his reasons for fighting Isabella so hard. Finally, he was able to confront his past and succumb to his desires for Isabella.Some of the things I liked about the story were that there was a lot of seduction and sexual buildup in this book. The love scenes were hot, steamy and tasteful. Sara writes well written love scenes. I also liked the introduction to the Weston family. They were well written and developed secondary characters that added to the story. The close knit family had some of the funniest lines in the book. They loved James as a part of the family and their hilarious well intentioned schemes left a warm fuzzy feeling inside. For true romantics and die hard fans of historical romance, I recommend Promise Me Tonight. I eagerly await the second book in this series.